Monday, June 14, 2010

My Old China cabinet

So I fell out of love with my old china cabinet. She was dull & boring...

So I brigtened her up with, like 400 thousands coats of what I thought was white melamine. Dang, it wasn't! It was creamy and didn't go against my nice crisp white wood panelled wall. Grrrr. So I painted another 400 coats of WHITE paint.
I wallpapered her back. I had this wallpaper left over from another project. It was freakin' expensive$$$. I thought I only needed one roll forthat project but was short by just a hair. Therefore the excess paper & the excess $$$. And I will use every last scrap of the darned stuff!





TAAA-dah! Isn't she prrruddy?



Here are some of my peonies in an old pee pot....I think that is what it is...


So there it is! My first real entry! After watching for so long, I am so excited!
Stacey
 

9 comments:

  1. That looks GREAT!! I love the green wallpaper! Have fun with your new blog and thanks for stopping by junkstyle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stacey! I'm your first follower, woo hoo!

    I'll be cheering you on from over here and you are off to a great start. My parents still have a cabinet like this. Of course, they would NEVER paint it. lol.

    I have heard of your pee pot (cracked me up) being referred to as a thunder mug (gross).

    Mel @ Junkin' Junky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well duh, I just looked at your complete profile and realized that you are Canadian too! I'm in the Toronto area. I've driven through NB a few times on my way to NS to visit family. Last time I was down we did the Fundy coastline tour; it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to have a follower!! I live in central NB, on the Miramichi River. The Fundy coastline is very beautiful-we camp there occasionally. Thanks for being my first follower. I am very new & trying to learn this blogging stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job on the china cabinet! i know some are purists, and don't think you should ever paint something so beautiful to start with.. but i am from the school of thought that sometimes, painting a beautiful piece actually brings out it's true beauty!! so you go girl!!

    welcome to blogland!!
    blessings,
    -Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacey, your cabinet looks beautiful!!! So glad you found my blog! I'm a follower now too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cabinet -- it turned out JUST beautiful! Can't wait to see more of your transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your china cabinet came out so pretty! love the wallpaper too! I'm definatley becoming a follower, can't wait to see more of your projects:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here from DIY SHowoff! I love your redo's!! I don't blame you for using all of that wallpaper! It's beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete